When you plan a trip over Spring Break, you look forward to making memories with your family or friends – not to experiencing travel mishaps. Unfortunately, some Spring Break trips are one case of the sniffles away from the doctor’s office, one unwelcome storm away from a flight cancellation, or one plane ride away from lost luggage. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead. Help ensure smooth Spring Break travel by considering these travel tips:
- Do your pre-trip research: Travel is easier when there’s a plan. If you map out your activities and travel routes, you may avoid wasting precious vacation time, shelling out extra money, getting lost, or stressing out.
- Don’t forget the meds: Pack ibuprofen, anti-diarrheal treatment, and other important medications in your purse or carry-on in case someone in your family needs them. These can be lifesavers on a flight or in the middle of a road trip.
- Choose a road trip partner: Take turns behind the wheel, and have someone sit shotgun to keep the driver awake and all eyes on traffic and road markers.
- Consider hotel safety: Request a room above the first floor to help prevent theft, and if a safe is available, lock away high-value items. Keep doors locked and note where the fire exits are located.
- Participate in free activities: Call your destination’s local visitor’s bureau and ask about events and attractions that are free and child-friendly. These offerings can be a true boon for the budget-conscious traveler.
- Explore theme park VIP options: If you are traveling to a theme park, check for VIP passes that give you back-door access to rides or guides that allow you to see and do more without the hassle. While both options are pricey, they may be worthwhile to bypass long lines and congestion in the park.
- Pack a travel insurance plan: Lost luggage, flight delays and medical emergencies can happen no matter where you travel. It helps to know you are covered for the unexpected. Most travel insurance plans even include 24/7 travel assistance services which can help with hotel/flight re-bookings and other